Stress is more than just unpleasant. Its dangerous. Try these relaxation techniques today, and utilize them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
1. Leave the room. This really helps if the things stressing you out are in the room or related to it. Just get out for a little while.
2. Take five deep breaths through your nose. Close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. This is like a mini-meditation.
3. Take a hot shower. The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful activities helps too.
4. Drink chamomile tea. It seems to have a calming effect on the nerves.
5. Stop and watch your mind. Often if you might
spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to contruct
), you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
6. Laugh. You understand
from acquired skill
that this helps you relax, right? Find the guy that knows all the best jokes, or just find something funny in front of you.
7. Listen to relaxing music. Keep your most acclaimed relaxation CD at the office, or wherever you will
need it most.
8. Take a stroll
. This is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare. Find a pretty place to walk while youre at it.
9. Get a hug. As long as its from somebody you dont mind hugging you, this really could be
10. Break your routine. Talk to that guy sleeping on the bench, or eat lunch on the roof. Anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
Why Easy Relaxation Techniques?
change yourself over instant, so youre naturally more relaxed. But if the thought of the work involved just stresses you more, you might have to take it slow. In the meantime, the relaxation techniques above really arent difficult, so why not try one or two today?